Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chatham Farmer's Market 10/30/10 Recap



This was our second to last market for the 2010 season.   We won't be back until the last day of the market November 20th.   As told in our last post this past week had been very busy.   We just didn't have time to think about making a side dish.  I hope that people checked out the recipe for Asian Cole Slaw because it is really good.

Yesterday was a really cold day which made for a very quiet market.   For some reason there wasn't much traffic so sales were a bit sluggish...not just for us for everyone.   Even though it was quiet we still enjoyed being there.   We got to visit with some vendors we hadn't seen in awhile, which was nice.

Theresa had to leave the market to run some errands so I manned the booth by myself for a bit.  Usually Theresa handles the grill for samples, I don't I have ever started the flame or even flipped a burger.   While she was gone it was cold and the traffic started to pick up so took it upon myself to grill up some samples.  Needless to say it was easier than I thought and I am a bit proud of myself ~ plus it was kinda fun.   Other than that it was a pretty uneventful market....hopefully the last day will go out with a bang.


Between now and then check back for any updates and information....we might even add a recipe or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment