Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chatham Farmer's Market 10/23/10 Recap

I woke up Saturday to a pitch black cold morning.   I made sure I bundled myself up in layers because of the cold.   As I stepped out of the house I saw a beautiful sight....the full moon.   It was so big and bright that I could almost see the face of the Man-in-the-Moon.   I had just read that this full moon is called the Hunter's Moon....and it was obvious as to why.


By the time I got to the market Theresa and my brother Michael had already set up our tent and tables....I think Theresa can do it in her sleep.   They were both tired because my sister Ann, my brother-in-law Marc and nephew Alex were visiting over night.  Ann had just come back from accepting her Jefferson Cup Award from the Virginia Library Association.   Anyway the airport is closer to Theresa and Michael so they made a quick visit.

Theresa & Ann...notice the sweaters~
I don't know if it was because it was very cold or that there might have been lots of other things to do but the market was very slow.   The traffic just wasn't there.  The fact that my sister came down made the day worthwhile.





Ann was very funny ~ she tried to pretend she didn't know us to drum up business....here she is sampling our veggie burgers.




I didn't get a photo of them but the Market had some young dancers come for a performance...I felt bad for them because it was so cold and they only had on thin leotards.   I was so cold I had forgotten I had my camera with me.  They weren't the only entertainment....there was the Chatham Community Band Flutes who were very good:


Also at the Market this past weekend were some local students involved in the John Taylor Babbit Foundation.   This group highlights sudden cardiac arrest in children.   There was a bit of a coincidence in that the magazine called "you can save a life at school"  that the students were showcasing,  had a student on the cover that my brother-in-law Marc recognized.  She is a former student at the High School where he is Assistant Principle.  It was nice to see students getting involved in an important cause.

          


So even though we didn't have a busy week for our veggie burgers it was fun and informative at the same time.   I was just so glad my sister came to visit!

Oh our side salad went over very well...Black Bean & Corn Salad....

No comments:

Post a Comment