Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chatham Farmer's Market 8/7/10~Recap

Yesterday was a gorgeous day at the Market.    We had a good production week and had lots of veggie burgers on hand to sell.   The plan on Market days is that I pick up the burgers and any sides we are selling at the deli early in the morning.   I got a late start and got stuck in a bit of traffic but was able to get there by 8:30 am.   What takes me so long sometimes is the fact I need to pack out and package any of the salads or sides we make....

This week Theresa made two sides with Peaches being the main ingredient.   We wanted to tie into the fact that the Chatham Farmer's Market was having a Peach Festival yesterday since it is National Peach Month.  

She made a Peach/Mango Salsa that was a direct result of customers liking our Peach Salsa and our Mango Salsa she made a few weeks ago.   They kept asking if they would be good to combine...plus the Mangos were very sweet.  I Loved it....here is how we set up our tasting for customers--the combination of the sweet salsa with the salty chips was amazing:

Peach/Mango Salsa on Corn Chips
She also made an incredible Savory Peach Chutney....she texted me to taste before I packed it out----I texted back:  DELICIOUS!!!   Here is the Market's Manager Janice Piccolo and Theresa prepping samples:

Theresa & Janice
Janice was great....she even got the Peach Princess to hand out our samples as she walked around the Market.   Who knew New Jersey had a Peach Queen who has a court of Peach Princess'?   

NJ Peach Princess

 This was a fun day at the Market...we sold quite a few veggie burgers and got such nice compliments on our food.   We even had the help of Theresa's oldest son and my nephew Daniel....which was good because like I said I got a late start.   

Daniel & Theresa

All in all a good day....wonder what Theresa will want to bring next week since the salsa and the chutney went over so well....oh and top seller of the week----our Asian Veggie Burger....description to come!















No comments:

Post a Comment