Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chatham Farmer's Market Recap October 8, 2011



Red Lentil Roasted Vegetable Hummus
Yesterday was a beautiful day at the Chatham Borough Farmer's Market.  It started out cold (and dark) but ended with warm and sun.   These last two weeks were quite successful for us and we wondered if it was because we were in a our old spot from last year.   Either way it was fun seeing everyone and spending time doing what we love.  We had two special sides to with our veggie burgers yesterday.  Theresa makes an awesome Red Lentil Roasted Vegetable Hummus that we always sell out of.   I always hope we have at least one container left over so that I can take it for myself.   Of course this never happens so I cheated yesterday and kept some aside (albeit a smaller container) to take home.   So good---I had it on whole wheat bread as a sandwich....I love have hummus' sandwiches.  

Theresa also experimented with making a Veggie loaf (think meatloaf without the meat)....they are mini loaves and perfect for one person.  I had it for dinner with a baked sweet potato.  I liked it because it didn't need bread and it had nice simple veggie flavors.   She is going to bring more next week...I am also trying to convince her to make the Hummus again.....it is a popular item.   See you Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment